Summary of clinics & Services
The following clinics are held at the surgeries:-
- Health Checks for new patients
- NHS Health Checks - 5 yearly for 40-74 year olds
- Cervical Screening
- Family Planning and HRT advice (for coil and implant fittings please refer to Castle Circus Health centre)
- Maternity Care
- Childhood Immunisations
- Health Visitor Clinics
- Carer Support Worker Service
- Travel (no longer offered at Brunel from November 2018 - please seek advice from Exeter Travel Clinic)
- Asthma and COPD
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Mental Health
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Minor Surgery (no new patients from November 18 to May 19)
- Retinopathy - Annual Reviews for Diabetic Patients
- Doppler Assessments
- ECG Recordings
- Blood Tests (annual review and diagnostic)
- INR testing for patients on anticoagulants
- Flu Clinics
- Healthy lifestyles advice (including stopping smoking)
Patients can now self-refer to Physiotherapy.
For information on how to make an appointments please click here.
Alternatively you can call 0300 456 9987 (local rate). Lines are open Monday to Friday from 08.30 - 12.00.
For more information about the physiotherapy service click here.
To see Physiotherapy self-help videos please click here.
Holiday Visitors And Temporary Residents
If you require medical treatment or advice whilst you are away from home, please follow the guidelines set out in these pages.
If you are visiting the area and have forgotten or mislaid your medication, please contact your own surgery to request that a prescription be sent electronically to a local pharmacy. Your own surgery will have all your medication details and will be able to request a prescription quickly for you.
NHS Health Checks
Five-yearly NHS Health Checks are available for 40-74 year old patients.
Please note that these checks are not available for patients who have not been previously diagnosed with diabetes, hypertension, stroke, atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.
Please phone the surgery to book a twenty minute appointment with a Health Care Assistant - there is no need to wait for an invitation to attend.
Your NHS Health Check will include a blood test, urine test and healthy lifestyle advice. When you arrive at the surgery for your appointment please use the Health pod in the waiting room to record your height, weight and blood pressure.
For more information about NHS Health Checks, please click here
Please click here to learn more about NHS Health Check Data Extractions