This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


How to complain

Customer service formThe staff at Brunel make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we acknowledge that things can sometimes go wrong, and that this could result in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint.

If things do go wrong, we hope that the matter will be settled as quickly, and amicably, as possible.

To raise a complaint with the practice, please contact the Brunel Operations Manager who will be happy to address your concerns.

Operations Manager, Brunel Medical Practice, St Albans Road, Babbacombe TQ1 3SL

Tel: 01803 312233



Written information regarding the practice complaints procedure, and what to do if your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, is available at all three Brunel surgeries. 

You can view and download information about how to complain by clicking here.


The practice management team hope that if you have a problem with the service you have received, that you will use the Practice Complaints Procedure.

However, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with the practice you can contact:

NHS England

NHS England National Contact Centre

PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33 – Mon to Fri 8am to 6pm


(with “For the attention of the Complaints Team” in the subject line)

Clinical Commissioning Group

Patient Advice and Complaints Team


County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4QL

01392 267665/0300 123 1672 – Mon-Fri/9am-5pm



The Care Quality Commission

If you have a genuine concern about a regulated activity carried on by this Practice or a member of our team then you can contact the Care Quality Commission;

Tel: 03000 616161


Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service

If you need independent support to help raise a complaint, you may use the Devon Advocacy Consortium. They can help you to write letters, formulate questions and support you with meetings if required. This is a free service.

Devon Advocacy Service c/o Living Options Devon

Ground Floor Units 3-4

Cranmere Court, Lustleigh Close

Matford Business Park



Tel: 0845 231 1900



Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman

Once you have received a response to your complaint, if you remain dissatisfied, you may take your complaint to the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS, government departments and some other public organisations. Their service is free for everyone. You have 12 months to take your complaint to them.

The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman

Citygate, 51 Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3HQ

Tel: 0345 015 4033


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website