PATIENT ACCESS - GP ONLINE SERVICES
Patient Access provides online services for patients. You can use it to;
- Book routine GP appointments
- Book blood test appointments
- Cancel appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View your current medications and allergies
- View some of your medical records
The easiest way to register for Patient Access is to visit the surgery. You will need to provide evidence of your identity in the form of;
- TWO forms of photo-ID, or
- ONE form of photo-ID + a bank statement (this will not be copied and will only be used to cross-check your address)
Once you have provided the necessary ID, reception staff will give you a printed document containing your registration and login details. You can then visit the Patient Access website and register for online services.
If you are housebound, and would like to register for online services, please telephone the surgery on 01803 312233 and ask to register. Your GP will be happy to confirm your identity so that you can be registered. We will then send your User ID and logon details to you in the post.
If you do not have documentary proof of your identity but would like to register for online services, please ask at reception for assistance. Your GP may be able to confirm your identity so that you can register.
If you care for someone, you can register to use Patient Access on their behalf. Please ask at reception for details.
Please note the above requirements for proof of identity for registration for online services. These stringent requirements are applied because Patient Access gives the user to medical information about you, and is to prevent any unauthorised access to your medical records.
Click here to visit the Patient Access website.
eConsult lets you consult with your GP online by completing a form that is sent and reviewed by the practice.
It is ideally used for conditions that are not urgent, but about which you would like to seek your GP's advice.
eConsult is available from this website by clicking on the Brunel Medical Practice home page.
You do not need to register or sign-on to use this service, but you do have to be a registered patient of the practice.
When you start your eConsult you will be asked to choose a condition and then presented with several questions about your symptoms and how you are feeling. The questions will be asked in the same order that your GP would ask them in a face-to-face consultation.
When you submit your eConsult, it will be reviewed at the practice by a GP and you are guaranteed to receive a response by 6pm on the following working day.
A GP may respond to your eConsult in a variety of ways;
- You may be asked to book or attend an appointment at the practice, either with a GP or another member of the clinical team
- A prescription could be issued directly to your pharmacy
- A GP may telephone or text you with advice
- You may be referred to your pharmacy or another service to seek advice