Suggestions & Complaints

Suggestions are always welcome...

Your comments, suggestions and feedback are important to us. If you would like to send us your feedback then please email

Medical matters cannot be dealt with via email. If you have a medical query and you want to consult a GP online then you can either

  • complete an eConsult form available from the home page of this website or
  • contact reception for advice about how you can consult with an appropriate clinician.


If you need to complain...

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we hope that the matter can be resolved as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

You can raise a complaint in any one of the following ways;

  • Contact the practice Operations Manager either by email at 
  • Write to Operations Manager, Brunel Medical Practice, St Albans Road, Babbacombe, Torquay TQ1 3SL
  • Telephone the practice on 01803 312233
  • Download, print and return the leaflet below.

When you raise a complaint the practice will acknowledge your complaint within five days. The circumstances of the complaint will be thoroughly investigated and the practice will respond formally to your complaint as soon as possible. 

Please note that at times of national crisis our complaint investigation and response times are extended to 6 months for complaints not related to clinical safety, 



If you need help to raise a complaint

If you need independent support to help raise a complaint, you can use the Devon Advocacy Consortium by visiting or calling 0845 231 1900.

The Devon Advocacy Consortium is a free service that can help you write letters, formulate questions and support you with meetings if required.

If you are not satisfied with how the practice responds to your complaint

If you are ultimately not happy with how we have dealt with your complaint, and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who make final decisions on unresolved complaints about the NHS in England.

The Ombudsman is an independent service which is free for everyone to use. To take your complaint to the Ombudsman, visit or call 0345 015 4033.